Thursday, April 3, 2014

PART 15: GREAT RESOURCE

For those who may be reading this and also have this injury, I wanted to share the most useful resource I found while searching on the web.

pectear.com

When my injury happened and the severity of it was settling in, I started to ask a lot questions.  These were questions I felt that I needed to ask my doctors to help make sure I was getting the best treatment.   They also helped me start preparing for what I was about to go through.

The most important questions I started asking were:

What happened?  Did it tear? Where did it tear?
Do I need surgery?
What surgeons have experience performing this procedure?
What is the success rate of surgery?
What is the recovery time?
What is the recovery like?
How long will recovery take?
What is physical therapy like?
How long will I be off work?
How much will it hurt?

As I started searching online, I quickly noticed that I often would circle back to pectear.com.  I was able to find the following types of information and many great links to additional resources which answered most of my questions.

 - Description of the injury and types of tears
 - Links to professional medical journal articles
 - Photo gallery
 - Links to personal stories (like this blog)
 - Links to physical therapy guidelines
 - List of doctors with experience performing this surgery

So for anyone unfortunate to be in a similar situation asking the same questions, start here:

pectear.com


No comments:

Post a Comment