I've been able 'accomplish' the following items over the past couple of days which may not seem like a lot to most people, but to me it feels like an incredible jump forward in progress.
- Make my own sandwich
- Change the ice in my cryo-cuff
- Shower almost independently
- Walk for fifteen minutes, mostly pain-free
- Go out to a restaraunt with the Fam
- Sit upright in a chair without ice for an hour before pain kicks in
- Sleep through the night
- Empty and load the dishwasher
- Clean the cat box
Given my left arm is still completely immobilized, a lot of these tasks take twice as long as usual, but right now that is ok since time is on my side.
Other progress that I've been noticing is I've been able to reduce the overall time I spend on the cryo-cuff machine. My daily routine has become alternating a 20-45 minute activity with a 30-60 minute rest and ice session.
I never thought I'd be so excited about taking baby steps.